Which academic programs are offered by the John C. Hench Division of Animation & Digital Arts?

Where can I get the most up-to-date application materials for all John C. Hench programs?

Please go to the SCA Admission website for the most up-to-date info for our all our programs.

Please also visit the USC Admission website for admission information and access to the on-line application for our BA & MFA:

Is the GRE exam still required for the application to the MFA in Animation & Digital Arts?

No, the GRE is no longer required.

Who can I contact if I have follow up questions regarding admissions or the application materials?

Please feel free to contact Daphne Sigismondi: dsigismondi@cinema.usc.edu / 213-740-3986

or our SCA Admissions Office: admissions@cinema.usc.edu

How do I go about setting up a tour?

Recommended general tours/info sessions:

View on-line SCA facilities info video

What can I do if I am international or can’t come to campus for a visit?

Please review on-line program and application information, then e-mail Daphne Sigismondi, Assistant Director directly with follow up questions.

View on-line SCA facilities info video

I am a current USC student and interested in minoring in or transferring to the major in Hench-DADA, who can I speak with?

Please contact Daphne Sigismondi:


or by phone: 213-740-3986 to set up an appointment.

Who can I contact to get d-clearance for a CTAN course and more information about a CTAN course?

Please contact Daphne Sigismondi via e-mail at: dsigismondi@cinema.usc.edu

or call: 213-740-3986

Please provide your USC student ID number.

How many units of course work are required for the three year MFA in Animation & Digital Arts?

50 units

How many units are required for the BA in Animation and Digital Arts?

128 units

Where can I see the curriculum details for the John C Hench programs?

Please refer to the current USC Catalog

Where can I find the estimated tuition costs for undergraduate or graduate programs at USC?

Please refer to this link

What kind of scholarship opportunities does the School of Cinematic Arts offer?

Please refer to the following link for information: http://cinema.usc.edu/scholarships/

Who can I contact with follow up questions about SCA specific scholarship opportunities?

Please contact the following e-mail address with question: studentservices@cinema.usc.edu

How can I find out more information about festivals or events throughout the year?

The John C. Hench Division of Animation and Digital Arts hosts and participates in a variety of programs and events throughout the year.

The majority of these events can be viewed on USC Cinema’s website at the following links:

SCA Events

SCA Announcements

Is there a mailing list I can be placed on?

If you would like to be included on our mailing list for special events and our largest event, “First Frame,” please send your name and email to eaquino@cinema.usc.edu

Who should I speak with if I would like to share information with USC Animation students?

If you are interested in hiring a student or promoting an event/festival to our school, please send an email to eaquino@cinema.usc.edu containing a detailed explanation of the purpose of your project/event. This includes a concise summary, compensation involved (if any), and the time frame involved.

If we determine the opportunity is beneficial, we will notify our students.

How do I get an Internship or job?

Please look at the following documents:

You can also be part of the email list of students and graduates that will get job and internship calls.

What is the CTPR-495 Internship in Cinematic Arts Class?

All animation BA’s (undergrads) can either take CTPR-495 or CTAN-496 Directed Studies (please contact Daphne Sigismondi dsigismondi@cinema.usc.edu for more info.) to fulfill their BA requirements. For the animation MFA’s, it is an elective class only.

  • Offered in fall, spring & summer.
  • For 1- 4 units (4 units only in the summer) 
  • 10 hours/wk. For 2 units 
  • Student and company supervisor must sign 495 contract.
  • This is an online course, with one in-person meeting per semester.
  • Company must submit a job performance evaluation of student intern at the mid-point and end of the term.

Once a company has been identified the student must go to student services to get the “d” clearance to register for the class and formalize the arrangements with the contract.

Also – students can get a d-clearance and register for the class, so they get a spot and then when they find an internship they coordinate schedule wise, or if they don’t find an internship they can drop the class, before the add/drop period ends.


CTPR 495: Internship in Cinematic Arts (1-4 units, online)

On-the-job film, television, or interactive industry experience in the areas of interest of the individual student. Requires departmental approval.

Restriction: Registration open to SCA Students Only.

Instructor: Kristen Clark – kclark@cinema.usc.edu


Mar Elepano DADA prod. Sup. – elepano@usc.edu │ 213 740-3985

Can I talk to someone about jobs & internships?

Please contact Mar Elepano

(213) 740-3985




Office of Admissions & Student Affairs (Cinematic Arts)
930 W. 34th Street, SCB 105
Los Angeles, CA 90089-2211
Phone: (213) 740-8358
Fax: (213) 740-4013
Student Affairs Email: studentaffairs@cinema.usc.edu
Admissions Email: admissions@cinema.usc.edu


For additional information regarding:

  • Academic programs
  • Application materials
  • Tours
  • Current USC students
  • D-clearance
  • Classes
  • Curriculum
  • Estimated USC tuition costs
  • SCA Scholarship info

Daphne Sigismondi
(213) 740-3986

  • Festivals & Events
  • Hench-DADA mailing list
  • Share info with students

Elena Aquino
(213) 821-4396

  • Internships
  • Job offers for our students

Mar Elepano
(213) 740-3985


930 W 34th St, SCB 210, Los Angeles, California 90089-2211

Click here to see full map and get directions